This program works to educate children to support and maintain their overall health and that of their families. Working within their environments, it works to create space that gives them a break from their routine and where they can enjoy a meeting and learn as a group, while enjoying nutritious snacks.
Some of our Achievements and Activities from 2015:
- 296 educational talks focused on prevention were carried out with children between 3-12 from the markets and communities.
- 8 workshops directed and the youth leaders in the markets and communities
- 6 workshops for leaders were held in the schools around Francisco Reyes and Francisco Morazan with the goal of having a ripple effect throughout the schools and communities
- 1 campaign about the worst forms of child labor
- 1 campaign about height and weight
- 1 campaign about Pediculosis
- 1 campaign about HIV/Aids
- 1 campaign about cytology
- 1 campaign about the prevention of Chikungunya and Dengue was conducted in the communities.
- 1 Information Fair
- 165 referrals for psychological attention during the semester
- 316 referrals for medical attention during the semester
- 124 visits to different points of business for the vendors in order to monitor children and their families during the semester.
- 3 management visits to coordinate activities for the population we serve
- 4 staff training workshops
Project: Early Stimulation
- To educate mothers of children under 5 about how to help achieve and maintain the overall health of their children through activities that stimulate areas of language, motor skills, social skills, and cognitive abilities.
- To facilitate access to medical and psychological services for children under 5 years old.
- It works to train mothers to be leaders and spread their new knowledge to others in their communities.